Friendly, experienced, knowledgable and timely.
Jai Cheswick completed an honours degree in Horticulture at the mecca of U.K horticulture and planting design, Wye College, London University (1984-7).
Following his degree, Jai travelled abroad studying gardens throughout Europe returning to the U.K. to take Landscape Architecture(1989 -92).
He worked for Bovis Homes, Benfield Homes and RPS Clouston in the UK before emmigrated in 1992.
He is a master gardener, designing, installing and maintaining gardens.
In Australia Jai has maintained, designed and landscaped for over 25yrs nationwide and currently resides in Melbourne.
Of particular interest to Jai are Asian inspired designs featuring natural habitat, patterning, multi-layered use of colour, and symbolic form representations. A cross-section of some of his ‘interesting’ projects are listed below:
- Award winning garden MIFGS 2015 'The Urban Temple'
- The development of a nationwide landscape design pilot, over 2 years, for Bunnings Warehouse.
- Landscape design consultant for Garden Gurus TV (Melbourne).
- Management of Fox family gardens, Toorak.
- Management of landscapes designed by Paul Bangay, John Patrick, Eugene Gilligan, et al.
- Management of Alan Bond gardens, Perth
- Designer of concept plans for William Porteous and Rose Hancock at Prix D’Amor, Perth, 1994.
- Garden columnist for Perth Weekly Magazine 1998-99.
- Board Member for development of ECLIPS (Environmentally Certified Landscape Industry Professionals) programme at Sustainable Gardening Australia.
- Member of AILDM (Australian Institute of Landscape Designers and Managers)
- Member of Landscaping Victoria
- Appearance in The Aborigine is Present by Robyne Latham in conjunction with the Koorie Heritage Trust.